Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Before The World Was Made"

I know this is kind of a long post (with no pictures) but I read this tonight in the book I am reading, Waking The Dead by John Eldridge, and I really liked it. SO! I thought I would share it with you followers out there.

"Before The World Was Made"

If I make the lashes darker
and the eyes more bright
and the lips more scarlet,
Or ask if all be right
From mirror after mirror
No vanity's displayed:
I'm looking for the face I had
Before the world was made

"Yes, that's it. When you take a second glance in the mirror, when you pause to look again at a photograph, you are looking for a glory you know you were meant to have, if only because you know you long to have it. You remember faintly that you were once more than what you have become. Your story didn't start with sin, and thank God, it does not end with sin. It ends with glory restored: "those he justified, he also glorified" (Rom. 8:30). And "in the meantime," you have been transformed, and you are being transformed. You've been given a new heart. Now God is restoring your glory. He is bringing you fully alive. Because the glory of God is you fully alive."

1 comment: