Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Quick Trip to D.C.

Jared and Alanna came to NYC for a couple of days. I didn't get many pictures while in New York with them. But we did go to the Mets game and I got a sweet picture in front of the SHEA bridge!

Alanna and Jared moved to Virginia a year ago and I thought it was about time to go visit them. It might have been the hottest day that I have ever experienced in my life. It was 97 degrees with 100% humidity. As soon as we got into D.C. we went to the movies because we were melting. After the movie it started to rain/hail and we forgot out umbrellas, so we sat under someones front door while we waited for the rain to stop. We were joined by a homeless man who told us we had bedroom eyes (not really sure what that means) and that I would soon have a boyfriend (I really doubt that, but thanks homeless man). Then we ate at "We the Pizza" where my favorite blogger loves to eat.

Not only is it so great hanging out with Alanna but she also is a photographer so I get sweet pictures. All these pictures were taken by her.
The Mets game
I finally got to go to the famous Cracker Barrel
We went to a famous battle field where the first major battle of the civil war was fought.
The Battle of Bull Run

Washington Monument

Crazy rain with hail in 95 degree weather
The U.S. Capital Building

No comments:

Post a Comment