Friday, September 9, 2011

French Toast

I made some french toast the other day and I thought I would share it with you all. I love french toast but, I hate when it comes out all soggy. So I found a recipe that would help with the soggy mess. Heres the secret to french toast.. are you ready... bake the bread first for 15 mins in the oven. Baking it makes it crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, a perfect texture for french toast.

Heres what you will need...

8 large slices of heart white sandwich bread
1 1/2 cups ho milk, warmed
3 large egg yolks
3tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon of table salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
toast the bread on a rack for 7 mins on each side

Mix everything together (Make sure the butters melted, it turns into a big mess if its not)

enjoy with some syrup and powdered sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment