Saturday, July 2, 2011

Potty Training 101

Potty training is a cruel joke from God. I swear God just is up there laughing his head off (if he has a head?..)

Brittany and I decided that we were going to start potty training Reese the other day and let me tell you I wish we hadn't. It's a lot of hard work, but most of the time it was so ridiculous all I could do was laugh. Neither Brittany nor I had ever trained a person to pee in a toilet, so we knew we were going to have our hands full.

I was peed on 10 times in 1 hour and our floor was covered in little pee droplets, but by the end of the day Reese and I had a pattern going. She would run, put out her arms as if she was about to fly away, and look back to see if I trailing behind her. I would then sweep her up like a hawk and run her to the bathroom.

I am proud to say she is getting a lot better and has very few accidents. Brittany and I totally deserve a gold metal!
Every time she went pee she received a treat. She always gives me one, it's hard work for both of us!
Reading book


She peed on the swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment